More than ever, we need to be People of the Book – Learning and living the Good News of Jesus for the flourishing of all people! Five days a week for 8 weeks together in community – We are reading the New Testament in a unique and powerful new way. I’m convinced that these 40 days will take you miles down the road to Biblical literacy, and set you up to understand and apply the Bible better than the vast majority of Christians in the world. Here is a recent sermon called, “People of the Book.”
Christ Church has joined with hundreds of other churches to immerse ourselves in the Biblical story. It’s called the Covenant ‘Community Bible Experience.’ The resources are amazing and available for both children and adults. The cost is minimal.
Read through this introductory post and its links
to get a grasp of the plan.
Begin with this Introductory 2 min. video – What is CBE and how does it work?
To get the full picture, follow these steps:
1. Be a part of the Christ Church 40 Day Adventure. Go to this link and register. Type in your name, email and our church (Christ Church) then enter the start date as “Fall” (This is important because you can receive daily emails with 1-2 min video intros to each reading and section. I’ve looked at these and find them to be easy to understand but incredibly profound in giving the big picture!)
2. You will then receive a confirmation email and you’ll be ready to go!
3. Here you will see all of the free resources that I think make this plan even more rich and accessible to all ages and reading levels – with audio for those who find reading difficult. They include:
Receiving a daily email with a short video and the option to listen or read the day’s portion of the Bible. Here is a sample!
Free ebook that you can put into your computer or smart phone book app.
Free audio down loads so you can listen to the day’s reading in your car or at home.
Kids Audio and Transcript with Parent’s Guide that uses the NIVr – more suited to children. Again, there are short videos geared to children for each day that can enhance the family experience.
Small group leader’s guide with an easy to follow discussion format using basic questions that everyone can share in; and weekly short videos that introduce each week’s readings. All these materials are at a reading and interest level for Middle School and up.
4. SUNDAYS AT CHRIST CHURCH: If you are worshiping with us on Sunday mornings, pick up a paper copy of The Books of the Bible / NT – with a bookmark of the daily readings. (There will be an envelope for the $5 registration, but of course no one will be excluded if money is an issue.)
The sermon on Sept 25th will be an Introduction to The 40 Day Adventure. Then each Sunday after that, the sermon will relate to the books of the Bible that have been read during the previous week. Reading and discussing will enhance the Sunday experience, but a visitor or non-participant will not be hindered. In fact, every week we will invite newcomers to pick up a copy and join us! We will also invite several of you to share your story of how this experience is impacting your life.
5. SMALL COMMUNITY GROUPS: Many of you who are in small groups already will benefit immensely by sharing these 40 days together in community. The personal benefit is significant, but this plan works best in a book club kind of atmosphere sharing with others. We are beginning several new small groups for these 8 weeks. Email me or Linda Anderson for more info.